What you do before you list your condo to sell, can help maximizes your sale price! Your goal is to prepare and price your condo so that it sells quickly and for the highest price! Creating a memorable and pleasant showing experience for potential buyers is the priority. There’s no second chance to make a good first impression for buyers.
A good realtor will provide a staging consultation for you. A professional eye can really make a difference. While some homes may need a full staging, others just need a few fresh touches.
So, roll-up your sleeves and tackle the following:
- Deep clean and de-clutter the home i.e., shampoo carpet & upholstery, wash windows, wipe down doors, woodwork, window sills,
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen & bath fixtures & appliances
- Put new knobs on cabinet doors for a fresh (and inexpensive) update
- Clean hardwood and tile flooring
- Stage the residence. Less is best! If there’s too much furniture and clutter – remove it from the condo. If you need a touch of color add fresh flowers or a bright decorative item.
- Store toiletries, tooth brushes, etc. in a linen closet or beneath the vanity.
- Keep counter-tops, sinks & tub/shower uncluttered and clean.
- Organize all closets – they’ll look larger.
- Eliminate musty and stale odors – fresh air helps!
- Replace old and worn faucets and hardware
- Put a few potted flowers on the balcony or patio
- Change furnace filter
- Replace dated light fixtures and make sure all fixtures have working light bulbs that all match.
- All appliances and systems should be in good working order
Questions about listing your condo? Do you want a free staging consultation? Maria Walley, Realtor with Comey & Shepherd, is a condo specialist – give her a call at 513.235-3996